Monday, February 15, 2010

From MJ

I am deeply saddened by the loss of our oldest friend. I will not forget some of his best attributes. He had the ability to LISTEN to what a woman had to say (which so many men do not!) Some of the most interesting and satisfying conversations I’ve ever had in my life were with George. We talked about books, characters in books that we loved, life (or not) after death…anything you can think of. He talked to me about things most men have zero interest in. I just loved that in him

When any other man was around, George seemed different to me. He was at his best with women, I think.

He was quirky, totally but there was something I just loved so much in that man. Several times I remember telling him that I would not want to have lived my life without knowing him, as he was one of the most interesting people I have ever known. Thank God I told him that. I would have regretted so much not having done so!

George believed that, upon death, we just wink out. I hope that he is wrong, and that we “see” him in “Heaven” (or whatever it is out there).

-MJ Bouthillier

No comments:

Post a Comment